KS
Posted By
Kristen_Sams
Sep 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Having trouble with missing metadata, and wondering if anyone has run into the same problems.

We are viewing metadata entered from different aps (ie bridge, iview, portfolio etc.) in the basic places like description, keywords, author and copyright. When opening the same image, all metadata is viewable in bridge and iview, but photoshop CS2 shows some of it, but not all, and in some cases none at all. When opening the same image in CS or 7 all metadata was viewable. We cant find a ryhme or reason to why it sometimes works, and other times does not.

Has anyone else run into PS CS2 being (sometimes) blind to metadata? If so, what was your solution?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GM
Geoff_Manasse
Sep 11, 2006
My issue is slightly different, but it looks familiar enough to say something about it. I like entering meta data early in my workflow when the files are in RAW and saving a set of jpg images for cataloguing from Camera RAW. Saving from the Bridge or the camera RAW application does something screwy to the way it stores meta data.

I posted complaints about this a long time ago here, as a matter of fact, and Adobe never owed up to it. I don’t know anything about programming, but this seems like a flaw.

I ended up using a workaround action to open all the images in Photoshop and resaving them. Then the meta data showed up correctly in the non-Adobe catalogue program I use.
R
Ram
Sep 11, 2006
Geoff,

I posted complaints about this a long time ago here, as a matter of fact, and Adobe never owed up to it.

First of all, you’re not addressing Adobe here. We’re all users just like you, trying to help each other out. (See the name of the forums: User To User Forums.)

So, don’t post "complaints" here. Contact Adobe. See the "Contact US" button at the top of this page.

Second, if you posted "here", this is the wrong forum:

Adobe Bridge Macintosh forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba3d51>

Adobe Camera Raw Forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb6a869>
KS
Kristen_Sams
Sep 15, 2006
We have discovered that when a © symbol, space, or any other non alpha numeric character is added into metadata in any program other than Photoshop, Photoshop CS2 will freak out. It will SOMETIMES (variable still unknown) have trouble reading it, and therefore leave the field empty.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections