JC
Posted By
Jack_Cane
Jul 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Suppose I have a set of files with Exif metdata description fields all filled out, and suddenly realize that there has been an omission or a spelling error. I would now like to correct the error. If I record an action, the metadata in the file used in recording will be copied into every file to which the action is applied. I want to keep the existing, image-specific metadata intact, making only an incremental change.

Wonder if there is a way to make this happen.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jul 13, 2007

1. Create a metadata XML preset containing only the item that is to be corrected. In Bridge, select all affected images and apply the preset by clicking on the little triangle for metadata options and move down to "replace preferences" and clicking on your preset.

or

2. In Bridge, select all affected images, and in the metadata pane click on the edit symbol (pencil) for the item that needs to be corrected and correct it. Leave all other items unchanged. Click on another area in the slide view pane to deselect the images and you’re done.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections