BG
Posted By
Byron Gale
Feb 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Unless someone else is posting under her name, she’s been active on here, today, as recently as an hour and a half ago… at a quick glance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
nytrashman7618
Feb 4, 2004
I read this forum everyday and have not seen any posts/replies from Beth lately. wonder where she is. hope everything is alright with her. anyone know whats up?
N
nytrashman7618
Feb 4, 2004
guess i should have looked hard as i just saw sometning from her. glad to see your ok Beth 🙂
R
Ray
Feb 4, 2004
Beth, time to come out from your hiding, you have one more "not secret anymore" admirer 😉
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 4, 2004
Hello! Yes, I’ve been keeping a low profile lately, because I haven’t felt much like fiddling at the computer. Sorry. I stick a few words on every once in a while but nothing that takes deep thinking. 🙂
N
nytrashman7618
Feb 4, 2004
glad to see you ok Beth, had me worried for awhile.
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 4, 2004
Thanks, George. My puppy dog died last week, and I’ve been trying to get out of the house a lot. This place just doesn’t feel right to me yet. Too quiet.
TB
Terry Boyles
Feb 5, 2004
Beth,
Really sorry to here about your loss. It is indeed like losing a close family member. Terry
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 5, 2004
Thank you, Terry. Yes it is, and I’ve been pretty lucky throughout my life and haven’t had much "practice" at this.
N
nytrashman7618
Feb 5, 2004
being a dog owner myself i understand what your going through. they are part of our familys and we morn them in there passing. when one dog i had several years ago got loose and was hit by a car i went the very next day to my local ASPCA and found not one but two cute pups that needed me as much as i needed them. they didn’t replace the dog i lost they just filled the void, so to speak. i had them for 14yrs and did not regreated it for one minute. my heart goes out to you.
R
Ray
Feb 5, 2004
Beth,

I had several pets myself (from dog to fishes, to hamsters and guinea pigs). Loosing any pet is never a skill we acquire. But, when these things happen, we learn to accept it as a part of the natural process of Life. Each time I said I’ll have no other pet again, but I love them too much not to have one around. And there I go, getting a new one!

Currently, I’m waiting for my friend’s dog to have her puppies, Teckel (long black/brown dogs, short
legs)

My thoughts are with you,

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 5, 2004
Beth

I am so sorry.

Grant
LM
Lou_M
Feb 5, 2004
Sorry to hear about your puppy, Beth. Was that a puppy immortalized by a previous Challenge any chance?
PD
Pete_D
Feb 5, 2004
Sorry to hear about your "puppy dog". Many will share your feelings when they read that. I sure do.

Pete
C
Catlady
Feb 5, 2004
My deepest sympathies on the loss of your dog. I do know how it feels. hugs,
Diane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 5, 2004
Beth, you know how I feel since we’ve talked alot about it…elsewhere. It will get better. Don’t let anything get in the way of how you feel. Let it all go and you’ll feel better. One door as shut but the next door is wide open…it’s all you.
R
Ray
Feb 5, 2004
Jodi, I must say, you always come up with something optimistic… it’s very comforting to read you.

Ray
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 5, 2004
BETH, I’ve gone through the same several times, none being easy. My 6 month old pup will have some playmates in 2 months when my Shelty has her pups. We all need companions.
Marty
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 5, 2004
Thank you everybody for your kind thoughts and words Yes, Lou, Isaac was the black faced puppy in a challenge from about a year ago. He was getting close to 14 when he died, so we’d had him a long time. He was our "baby", since our son was already a senior in college when we got Isaac, and there are no grandkids, either. 🙁

Isaac was quite a guy – the kind of dog that we would take into nursing homes or assisted care facilities to visit. The old people loved it, because he’d stand quietly and let them pet him, and he was so big that he could lay his head in their laps. They particularly liked his ears, which were really silky and soft. And of course Isaac loved the adulation.

I doubt we’ll ever get another one with quite as much personality (he was also an author who wrote for a small group of people), but there will be somebody else moving in soon. We’ve already started scoping out the animal rescue sites, and a visit to the humane society is coming up soon.

I have some webspace, and I’ve wanted to post a couple of pictures, but I haven’t been able to bring myself around to doing that yet. I used Elements to do a "portrait" of him a few months ago, and it turned out pretty good – considering who was doing it! (There! I brought this back to Adobe and Elements!)
ML
Marilyn_Lee
Feb 5, 2004
Beth – So sorry to hear about the loss of your puppy-dog, Isaac. Our furry and loving friends truly become family, and we mourn their passing as though they were our own children. I wish they could be with us longer; but while they are with us, they provide so much joy to our lives. I know the void you’re feeling right now, and my heart goes out to you.

Marilyn
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 5, 2004
Beth, Sorry to hear about Isaac. I know exactly how you feel. About a year and a half ago, we lost, Brandy, who had been with us for fourteen years.

Terri
JD
Juergen_D
Feb 5, 2004
Beth,

So sorry about your loss!

Juergen
C
Catlady
Feb 5, 2004
Hi Beth,
I can understand not being able to even look at photos of a beloved pet. I’ve lost 7 thru the years, still have 7 cats.
My heart goes out to you…
hugs,
Diane
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 5, 2004
BETH, I’m so new with pbase and have been trying to find the numbers of my pictures … with no luck.
I don’t have many pictures on pbase and only a few in the pets gallery. If you go to pbase.com/martyland
you’ll find my stuff, Click on the Cat (Eclair) to see the "Pets and Creepy Creatures" gallery.
The last two are of Isaac with my gang and my 2 Shelties, Hope and new 5mo old Sparkle. The first picture of mine is too large and I tried to delete it with no success. If you ever need info about dogs or hints on training them, just give me a ‘holler’. Marty
RS
Rod Stormes
Feb 5, 2004
Beth,

Belated commiserations – we lost our puppy (a Norfolk/Cairn cross terrier) a week ago at 5 months old, we’d only had her 2 months.

We’re all deeply upset even after such a short time in our lives, it is such a trauma, and yes everywhere does seem so empty, but the search is now on for a replacement.

Just wished I’d taken even more photos of Poppy (we got her on Rembrance day) – as always when busy you never get around to taking those extra shots – you assume at that age she’ll still be about next week and you’ll do it then. Still I’ve a lot to work on in Elements though.

Before her death I quickly posted some to the web for a friend to view – www.stormes.co.uk.

First time I’ve gone ‘public’ with any photos and most are exactly as shot and unaltered.

Rod
(another regular lurker and learner in this group)
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 5, 2004
Hi Marty, Don’t delete it, look down at the bottom of the picture, and click on small, medium, large, or original.
Your album is nice, your flowers too. Pbase is really easy to get used to, just try different things, fool around with it, look at the forum, its great. I always put up the largest pictures on my pbase albums, as my family and friends can download a large file/picture. Pbase is what has kept me from needing my own web site, but I will have to do this very soon.
<http://www.pbase.com/jcarter/muffins_page>
Jane
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 5, 2004
JANE, Thanks so much for letting me stroll with your dogs. I love their play grounds. My first taste of the East coast was in Maine and from there on I’ve been up and down it and love every mile.
Marty

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections