B
Posted By
baradonai
Aug 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got the color preferences to change to working RGB which is Adobe RGB 1998. A certain set of digital pics featuring a red a green and a gold object look good in Photoshop. Transfer to Indesign and with uncompensated preview the image is washed out. Yes, I can change the preview in Indesign and that improves the look, but of course the ultimate jpeg will be washed out when viewed. Why the change? I’ve always had the color remain the same between the two applications, but now some of the images change.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CB
charles badland
Aug 22, 2006
InDesign or ImageReady?
See: "Why do my images appear washed out when I use Save for Web?" in the FAQs if you mean ImageReady.
KJ
Kathryn_Jenkins
Aug 23, 2006
Like Charles, I’m confused about the reference to InDesign.

That FAQ should answer your question, however, if you are talking about prepping images for web use.

Converting to sRGB will help, but there is nothing you can do about the variations in the monitors that will eventually display your images. Most people don’t calibrate their monitors, or use them in appropriate lighting. I have a good monitor in an office where I sometimes work, but the overhead fluorescent light just kills it for image editing/viewing. Nearly all of the monitors in that office are terrible to look at because of lighting issues.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections