Photo Quality printing Xerox Phaser 6200 and CS2?

J
Posted By
jefferis
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having a bit of a problem printing in color with my Phaser 6200 in Photo Quality. I’m seeing a pixelated [under-saturated] sky and a dark banding at the top of the photo. I have set the print quality to photo, the paper to glossy photo, the res is 300 dpi at 5 x7"

The black and whites are coming out fine. The color test pages internally print fine on laser paper with good saturation. The glossy photo paper is HP laser photo paper. I don’t see any smudging.

The sky just looks uneven and not a continuous tone gradient and not at all like the monitor.

Any help appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 26, 2006
I have the Phaser 6250. A real workhorse with good quality for proofing, not for color managment.

For photo quality get an Epson.
J
jefferis
Jul 26, 2006
Still, I’ve seen some glossy prints that are thicker and smoother than what I’m getting from the demo brochures they have.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 26, 2006
Are you still under warranty? Extended warranty? Tech support could possibly help you get the top result from this particular printer. I also find that 3rd party printer service companies have technicians that can resolve issues like this quite well. If it’s for business it might very well be worth the cost of a service call.

There even might be an issue where your printer does need service. Again, a service tech would be able to pinpoint that. Have you run the standard diagnostics to show consumables status and wear?
J
jefferis
Jul 26, 2006
Not under warranty. However I don’t think there is a problem with the printer because the test/troubleshooting prints come out just fine. I think it is something in the translation of the PShop docs to the printer that is not right. OR the color isn’t absorbing properly on the HP glossy paper…
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jul 26, 2006
If I ‘had’ to bring my printer up to photo quality, first, I wouldn’t do it, I would opt for the Epson route, some of the models are inexpensive yet print great Photo Quality. Second option; I would probably spend the same amount, but have an expert come out and tune the thing up to top performance, right paper et al, and still there would be no guarantee that it would come close to the Epson’s performance.

How old is this printer? What condition is the fuser in? Have you tried calling Xerox to get a pack of sample papers to try.
J
jefferis
Jul 26, 2006
Printer is 4 years old but I don’t use it for heavy duty regularly. Fuser is at 90% new. I have a Pixma photo printer I got with my camera [Canon Rebel XT], so I’ll try an output with that.
These photos were not for pro use, but for family, so I don’t need to pro tech the problem. So far, brochures, etc. have been fine. It is just these photos from a recent trip I’m having trouble with…
R
Ram
Jul 27, 2006
As a matter of principle, I stay away from anything HP. Try a different paper.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections