C
Posted By
comppro1
Jan 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In web posts, I read that 7400 has truer color than 5550, but latter is more robust. Elsewhere, I have heard stories that the Xerox does horrible things if the panel is not set exactly right for the paper, and that the HP is closer to one setting fits all paper. Both are big bucks for my budget, so I’d appreciate opinions. I need for art/poster reproductions, presently low volumes. I have to assume that color calibration is possible for both, at least from Photoshop. Also, is it a false savings to omit internal disk drive and RAM increase? thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 17, 2007
so I’d appreciate opinions

KODAK PROFESSIONAL 1400 Digital Photo Printer < http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/printer s/1400/1400Index.jhtml?id=0.1.18.22.9.14&lc=en>
JH
John-Pierre_Hannam
Jan 19, 2007

D.

Does it have to be a color laser? The prices on the Xerox and HP models you mentioned are over $2500 (and the cartridges probably cost a bundle too).

You mentioned your requirements as "art/poster reproductions, presently low volumes". Have you considered some of the larger format ink jet printers? For example, you can get an Epson ink jet for about one-third the cost of one of the lasers and the output from them can be gorgeous. Canon is another option. I favor Epsons myself.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections