My Photoshop suddenly started freezing on start! Please help!

ML
Posted By
Mike Levin
Mar 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Everything was working fine for 3 years now – Photoshop 7.0.1 running on a G5 with OS 10.3.9. All of a sudden, when I launch Photoshop, it gets as far as "menus" on the startup screen and then is stuck forever and I have to quit it. Yesterday I rebooted and that fixed it, but today it did it right after a reboot. I tried trashing the preference file and that didn’t help. What the heck is going on? How can it just stop starting up? If anyone has any advice, please help. Thanks in advance,

Mike Levin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AL
Artgirl Lynn
Mar 2, 2006
On 3/1/06 7:34 PM, in article C02BB5DE.1C34A%, "Michael Levin" wrote:

Everything was working fine for 3 years now – Photoshop 7.0.1 running on a G5 with OS 10.3.9. All of a sudden, when I launch Photoshop, it gets as far as "menus" on the startup screen and then is stuck forever and I have to quit it. Yesterday I rebooted and that fixed it, but today it did it right after a reboot. I tried trashing the preference file and that didn’t help. What the heck is going on? How can it just stop starting up? If anyone has any advice, please help. Thanks in advance,

I’m not sure I know the solution, but have you tried to do a fresh install of Photoshop?
ML
Mike Levin
Mar 3, 2006
On 3/2/06 4:03 PM, in article C02CB982.D421%, "Artgirl Lynn" wrote:

On 3/1/06 7:34 PM, in article C02BB5DE.1C34A%, "Michael Levin" wrote:

I’m not sure I know the solution, but have you tried to do a fresh install of Photoshop?

Nope; I assume I’d have to make sure all of the old files are deleted first. Is there an uninstaller?

Mike

Mike Levin
Mar 28, 2006
On 2006-03-01 20:34:38 -0500, Michael Levin said:

Run Disk Utility Permission repair lately? If not, do so. Boot from the CDROM and run disk repair from the CD. Got losts of empty disk space? Photoshop takes a good hunk.

Jim <

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections