Why do I get a corrupt jpg when making a composit image?

DM
Posted By
Don_McCahill
Jul 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You are going to have to give us a bit of information. Something. It works for me, what are you doing that might be different?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KP
Kay_Podolsky
Jul 19, 2006

1. on a new background I am arranging cut-outs of 10 trees and a head shot of their owner to make an image. This is for a calendar project.

2. Once the image is made I need to import it into Quark Express. Quark will take it with the 1st 3 trees saved as a jpg but any more trees and Quark says file is corrupted. I get the message – "Bad file format (69)"
I have done this over 4 times and get the same result. I need help to get this project going. Please somebody!

Machine: PC running Windows XP – Intel Pentium 4CPI 3.00 GHz speed 3,000MHz System Memory: 1024 MB Video Graphic Card: ASUS Q1084
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 27, 2006
You need to ask Quark about that problem.
HB
Heather Bell
Jul 27, 2006
Huh, I did a quick search and Quark seems to think this error is for MAC only, and it seems to have nothing to do with jpgs. Good luck finding a live person willing to talk to you in your own language if you try calling Quark, I’d join a Quark forum and see if they have any advice.
see clip of article:
Mac OS® X only: A “Bad file format. [69]” alert may display under the following conditions: Create a QuarkXPress Web project containing a form box and drag the form box to a new QuarkXPress library. Drag the form box from the QuarkXPress library to a new Web project, close both the projects without saving them, quit QuarkXPress, then re-launch QuarkXPress and open the QuarkXPress library. The alert displays and the application is unable to open the library.
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 27, 2006
You know you really should be importing TIFFs or EPS files in Quark.

Especially since this will be for print (I am assuming a printed calendar here).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections