L
Posted By
luke
Jul 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I still cannot get my head round using save for web in a batch process.

If I record the save for web command in my action, then it records the exact folder I saved to. therefore in the batch dialog window the destination folder I specify here it’s totally ignored as photoshop using the folder I used in my save for web recorded action.

How exactly do I have a save for web in my action, whilst at the same time I am still able to specify a different destination folder in my batch process?

At the present time I constantly have to re-record for export(save for web) action everytime I want to use a different destination folder? can’t it be done via the batch dialog?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jul 6, 2006
"luke" wrote in message
I still cannot get my head round using save for web in a batch process.
If I record the save for web command in my action, then it records the exact folder I saved to. therefore in the batch dialog window the destination folder I specify here it’s totally ignored as photoshop using the folder I used in my save for web recorded action.

How exactly do I have a save for web in my action, whilst at the same time I am still able to specify a different destination folder in my batch process?

At the present time I constantly have to re-record for export(save for web) action everytime I want to use a different destination folder? can’t it be done via the batch dialog?
Luke,
If you have recorded File > Save for Web… in your action, Photoshop will IGNORE any Destination or File Naming settings in the Batch dialog. It’s just the way SFW works. If you record File > Save as…, the resulting files are a little larger, but File Naming works as you would expect. MH

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections