KW
Posted By
Ken_W.
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to Save For Web on multiple files? I have 150 images from a trip I took that I want to put up as a gallery, but want to save them all for web to decrease file size. Is there no way to do this all at once with PE2? I find it hard to believe that it’s no possible. I’ve seen posts here asking, but haven’t seen any real answers.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Mac_McDougald
May 11, 2004
That can be done in full PS but not in Elements.

Mac
EW
Ed_Wurster
May 11, 2004
wrote:
Is there any way to Save For Web on multiple files? I have 150 images from a trip I took that I want to put up as a gallery, but want to save them all for web to decrease file size. Is there no way to do this all at once with PE2? I find it hard to believe that it’s no possible. I’ve seen posts here asking, but haven’t seen any real answers.

Thanks.

Try "Create Web Photo Gallery." This makes two folders of images, one for full size and one for thumbnails.

There are options in the "Create" dialog that you might overlook, so experiment a bit.

Ed
KW
Ken_W.
May 12, 2004
Actually, guys, I notice something very interesting when I was experimenting. When you make a web photo gallery, PE2 seems to actually discard whatever info from the image that Save For Web does, so this is a moot point. Wonderful, actually, but I wish it were more obvious that it did this. I found this out from comparing file sizes. 244k from regular resizing and 154k from saving for web. The result from creating the web photo gallery was also 154k.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections