PhotoShop CS "Could not load…" Startup Error Messages?

T
Posted By
tedperez
Aug 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m getting two separate messages when I start up Photoshop CS on my Mac G4 running OSX 10.3.5.

The first is, "Could not load the AltiVecCore Update module because of a program error" I hit OK
and then get this
"Could not load the File Browser Update because of a program error" I hit OK, and the program continues to run. It seems to work ok, but am I missing something?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 13, 2004
Either your preferences are corrupted, or the program files are corrupted.

Yes, you’re missing some performance.

Also, the FileBrowserUpdate was for PS 7 – it shouldn’t even be installed in CS. (make sure you didn’t copy plugins from 7 to CS).
R
Ram
Aug 13, 2004
Ted,

Chris is right of course. Trash the Photoshop preferences and the entire Photoshop application folder, and re-install Photoshop CS from scratch. Don’t forget to trash those Preferences, or you’ll be right back where you started.
L
Larryr544
Aug 14, 2004
Save or third party plugins or save your entire plugin folder first. You can add them back in one at a time while testing.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 14, 2004
Hold on!

DON’T trash your Presets without saving a copy because you could lose all of your custom Actions, Brushes and Styles etc..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections