DR
Posted By
Dan_Redmon
Jan 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For no apparent reason the file browser function has stopped working. I click on it from the file menu, the welcome screen and the shortcut it does nothing. It has worked fine for about a month after installation and then just quit! Any suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron Gale
Jan 15, 2004
Dan,

Many of us experience File Browser "creep"… that is to say, that it opens lower and lower on the screen, until it is almost entirely off the bottom!

If you reset palette locations, you should get it back where it belongs.

No one knows why this happens… (at least, no one ADMITS to knowing why).

Byron
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 15, 2004
Dan, I think you’ll find that the browser is hiding at the bottom of your screen. Maximize the Elements window and look at the bottom; you should see the blue bar lurking there. Drag it up into place and swear at it – like most of us have done!
🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 15, 2004
Lorace, mine did it once too many times; it’s been permanently banished… 🙂
LG
Lorace_Graham
Jan 15, 2004
just to add a little, mine is always on the lower LEFT side of my screen, hidden by the taskbar.

It sure keeps it out of the way, doesn’t it?

LOL

Lorace
LG
Lorace_Graham
Jan 16, 2004
I know what you mean, Chuck. I just never even look for mine anymore.

It doesn’t make sense when Windows does so well.

Lorace
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 16, 2004
I never ever use it….I think i just forget that it’s there since I’m so used to browsin’ with Windows.
TB
Terry Boyles
Jan 16, 2004
I like the file browser, use it all the time. Mr. File Browser is my friend.

Terry
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 16, 2004
My RAW converter – BreezeBrowser – has an excellent browser. Hmmm…..wonder if the name of the program has anything to do with that?? Nah… 🙂
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jan 16, 2004
I am a file browser addict … can’t manage without mine!. However, it is very well behaved and never slips away.

Must be because I have a Mac 🙂

Wendy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections