M
Posted By
MacWright
Aug 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
within the file browser cache there are 3 similarly named items, the folder name without any suffix is the thumbnail cache, the name with the "M" suffix is the metadata, what is the file with the "T" suffix?

Does file browser dynamically load these files or do they all load with file browser? Is anyone doing any house cleaning of these files (or other files) or should they be left alone. The reason for the questions is because I’m finding that FB is increasingly becoming stubborn about creating previews. And, some of the "T" suffix files are over 10mb. I have plenty of scratch and RAM, and PS CS has no difficulty with huge files, it’s a problem that is isolated to FB and ACR.

thanks,

J

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
MacWright
Aug 24, 2004
I found the info- the file with the "T" suffix is the cache with the high resolution thumbnails.

J
M
MacWright
Aug 24, 2004
The last phase of the FB cache is either "generating xxx.xxx preview" or "getting xxx.xxx thumbnail" depending on whether high quality previews is checked. Since there is additional time needed to process a large folder of raw files, it might be a nice feature to have a "view high quality preview" button in the preview window to selectively choose to create a high quality preview of that image instead of all of the images in the folder.

J
M
MacWright
Aug 24, 2004
I forgot about my original question:

Does the file browser dynamically load only the cached files for the folder that you are currently viewing or do all of the cached files load into memory when you start PS?

thanks,

J

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections