JB
Posted By
Jane_Bailey
Aug 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My photoshop CS on Mac OS X does not display any fonts from about ‘G’ on. Anyone understand this? I’ve found a bit of reference indicating it’s related to a limitation on the number of fonts. Is this true? Does anyone have info?
Jane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Aug 5, 2004
Do a forum search on key words like Photoshop font limit. This has been discussed innumerable times here.

In a nutshell, you have way too many fonts active. Get a font management utility like FontAgent Pro and activate only a handful of fonts at a time, just those you need for the job at hand.

Check out this thread too:

LenHewitt "How to Ask Effective Questions" 7/9/04 6:57pm </cgi-bin/webx?13>
B
Buko
Aug 5, 2004
Get a font manager

don’t activate all your fonts at once
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 5, 2004
Jane,

You’ve basically got three choices under OS X: Font Agent Pro (which, according to discussion here and in the ATM/Type and/or Typography forums seems to be first choice), Suitcase or Font Reserve.

Do not use the Mac OS Font Manager utility — it is not robust enough.

Neil
JB
Jane_Bailey
Aug 5, 2004
Thanks everyone. I do have Extensis Suitcase but there’s a learning curve. I just moved over from a PC to Mac, so I’ve got a way to go.
Again – thanks for everyone’s input.
Jane
L
Larryr544
Aug 5, 2004
There’s a book out called ‘Fonts from G to Z’.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections