LF
Posted By
laura_farrell
Jan 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All of a sudden my fonts appear bitmap (all types T1, TT) in Photoshop and Imageready. So when I try and create a web banner in imageready it is not readable. I am using a Mac G5 running system OS 10.3.9 and using Photoshop CS 8.0. This problem just developed so I do not know if it is a conflict with one of the automatic apple system updates that come regularly. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas on a resolution? Would Photoshop CS2 resolve the issue.

Laura Farrell

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Jan 10, 2007
Whenever anything begins acting weird "all of a sudden", the first thing to try is trashing your preferences.
LF
laura_farrell
Jan 10, 2007
Ever since the upgrade to 0SX I get nervous about trashing things. There used to be just a pref. file. for each program in the preference folder inside the system folder. Now there are so many different files in the pref. folder I am not sure what I can and can’t throw away.

If I go to:
Library

then:
Prefernece

There is a file called "com.adobe Imageready.plist" There is a file called "Adobe Save For Web GL 8.0 Prefs"

There ia a folders called "Adobe ImageReady CS Settings" inside that there are folders and files:

Adobe ImageReady CS Prefs
Folder: ImageReady Actions
ImageReady Last Pattern
ImageReady Plug-in Cache
ImageReady Styles.asl
ImageReady Swatches.aco
Palette Window Cache
Recently Used Optimizations.irs
Folder: Workspaces

Photoshop is similar.

What can I trash?
Is there anything I can’t trash?

Laura
R
Ram
Jan 10, 2007
Laura,

ALL of that is covered in the FAQ.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections