PP
Posted By
Phil_Pool
Aug 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been trying to get a folder of jpg’s to turn into a web gallery using the ‘automate’ pull down in the image browser window.

It works fine on the first 10-15 images then freezes saying the file is ‘in use’.

Does anybody know what’s up?

Thanks,

Phil Pool

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Aug 3, 2004
Anything out of the ordinary in the name of the file where the process stops? Any non UNIX characters there? Use only numbers and the characters of the English alphabet.
PP
Phil_Pool
Aug 3, 2004
Thanks for the suggestions, Ramon.

This folder is one that’s been processed from RAW to jpg using Canon’s own software. Every file is named the same with the exception of incremental numbering

Phil
R
Ram
Aug 3, 2004
Then we need details on your computer model, exact versions of your OS and Photoshop, total RAM installed, % of RAM allocated to Photoshop, total capacity of your hard disk drive, how much available space left on the drive, location of your Photoshop scratch disk (whether on your boot drive or not).
PP
Phil_Pool
Aug 3, 2004
Hi Ramon,

HD available space might be part of the problem. I’ve got a 40G HD and I’m down to 3.69G. I’m running on a 700Mhz e-Mac with 1Gig of ram. I’m alotting 74% of my ram to PS. My scratch disk is on my boot disk with the secondary external (120Gig) as the second scratch disk.

I hope this helps.

Phil
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2004
Phil,

3.69GB is definitely woefully inadequate for the scratch disk, especially if it’s also competing with the OS SWAP files on the same drive. Try making a whole lot more space available by transferring files to other media.

The ideal arrangement is to have Photoshop’s scratch disk on a separate internal hard drive rather than the boot drive. In your case, if you have no separate internal drive, I would definitely put Photoshop’s primary scratch disk on the external drive.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections