Posted By
Karo_Karo
May 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I am trying to batch resize a whole folder of images. It does not work. The batch stopsat each file to tell me that the file already exists. Once again: What I want is: One folder of large images – run batch command – turns into one folder of small images. Simple enough!

Thanks for your help in advance.
Ken

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jonf
May 6, 2004
I can do what you describe without any error. You may need to provide more info on your system, workstation, version, etc to get any useful help. What steps have you taken that cause the problem?
G
graffiti
May 6, 2004
Make sure "override Action Save As Commands" is selected when you run a batch.
RW
Rene_Walling
May 6, 2004
You may want to save the smaller images into a different folder. That way you still have the hires versions for future use if needed
C
Cindy
May 6, 2004
Are you creating a separate folder for your final images?
DR
Danny_Raphael
May 9, 2004
Did you record Save As or Save for Web (Export) in your action?

What have you specified as settings in the Batch dialog: * Source: (What option?)
* Choose: (Where?)
* Destination: (What option?)
* Choose: (Where?) What checkboxes (if any) did you turn on?

Are you trying to replace the original images with the resized ones?
KK
Karo_Karo
May 9, 2004
Hi,
Thanks for your questions. I do not want a separate folder. What I want is to batch process ONE PARTICULAR folder of jpeg images. I tried override save as, or not override or any possible other setting but the batch does not work. It always stops telling me "duplicate, do you want to replace the file……" which of course is what I want to do otherwise I would not use a batch command in first place. What is the proper way to do it? Hard to understand why such a common, simple request is so difficult to execute.
Thanks again
Ken

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections