L
Posted By
lxs
Aug 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having problems when I batch in Photoshop 7.
I am a wedding photographer and need to run large batches of 300 or more images sometimes. Recently when I batch them, at least 20 images are coming up damaged/truncated.

Has anyone ever experienced this?? I’ m working on a Mac blue and white tower that has been upgraded to a G4 processor and Radeon 7000 video card.

Any help in figuring this out would be appreciated, I’m at wits end!

lxs

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 13, 2004
lxs,

What we need to determine is at what point do the images become corrupted? In the camera? When they are transferred to your computer? When they are batch run? What process of elimination have you run? Is there anything in common between the corrupted images or their workflow? Have you been working your files across a network? Do you see any error messages?

Neil
L
lxs
Aug 14, 2004
Hi Neil,

Oh boy, you ready for this! Here are the following situations that I have run into damaged files.

1. batching in photoshop
2. transferred another photographers images off of cd onto my harddrive. once i started editing them in iview, i saw some were damaged. I immediately had her check the same images on her end-all fine.
3. once when transferring images from cf card to a pc, 1 image out of 500 was truncated.
4. the first time i bring up all of my images into iview they are totally fine, but after I batch with photoshop and then look at them again in iview, they are damaged.

I’m so frustrated because there has been NO real pattern with all of this. I really don’t think its my CF cards or camera. It seems more like a system issue.

iview likes to crash on me unexpectedly along with photoshop sometimes. we ran norton and it fixed some errors but i’m still running into problems.

ohh the joys of technology:) i’m loving it happening right in the middle of wedding season. happy happy joy joy.

lxs
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Aug 14, 2004
You should upgrade to 7.0.1, but your problem seems hardware related: bad (or badly seated) RAM, CPU, hard drive or cable.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 14, 2004
lxs,

Based upon what you’re saying, I would agree with Lauentiu. Those are the areas that would affect file integrity. I could be wrong, but I don’t think that it is a software problem.

Neil
R
Ram
Aug 14, 2004
Agree with Laurentiu and Neil: hardware issue.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections