RC
Posted By
Ray_Carter
Jan 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
IÕm operating on Mac OS 9.1. IÕm not sure if this is a Photo Elements question, but P/E may help.

Printing a PDF from Acrobat Reader, using my inkjet printer works fine; the printing results are good. But IÕll describe what IÕm trying to do.

I donÕt have the full version of Acrobat, just Acrobat Reader (5). What IÕm trying to do is ÒcaptureÓ an Acrobat Reader PDF page, using the ÒGraphics Select ToolÓ, then paste it into, say, Pagemaker. Of course, it comes into Pagemaker as a PICT. IÕve also tried capturing the page as a Screen Shot, which would be saved as a TIFF, but with both, I get the same results: printing from Pagemaker results in a ÒblurredÓ image, if thatÕs the correct terminology.

If I were to paste the image, from Reader, into the App, Graphic Converter, then save the image as a jpeg, the same printing results occur.

Is it possible to get a ÒsharpÓ image using a copy/paste method? Perhaps doing this requires the ÒfullÓ version of Acrobat.

Any idea as to what Applications I might need to get good printing results, when copy/pasting from Acrobat Reader?

One of my reasons for wanting to ÒcaptureÓ pages from Reader is that I want to capture the pages from a PDF User Manual file, then rearrange them into an ÒimpositionÓ for printing on my inkjet printer.

Any ideas?

Ray Carter

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Jim_Hess
Jan 3, 2004
Ray,

You indicate that you want to rearrange your pages into an "imposition" so that you can print them on your inkjet printer. I don’t know what an imposition is in this context. But I’m using Windows XP and the latest version of Adobe Reader, and there is an option in the File menu that will enable you to print one, several, or all pages of the document. Do you mean that this option is unacceptable in your situation?
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 3, 2004
Hi Ray, If the other methods won’t work, I take a screen capture, but first make the page that you want to get, as large as you can having it not pixelated, to start with.
Then open the screen capture using PSE. (I also use Graphic Converter too, but in this case I would use PSE.) Then you can size it as you need, and add text, combine, or whatever you want to it, then print.
I am sort of a beginner, but have gotten things that I want to print by this method, after a ‘bit of trial and error’. But good results in the end. You will get better answers from some of the experts here, and I shall read them as well.
Good luck,
Jane
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jan 3, 2004
Ray,
I am not sure if the following will help you, but last year I had difficulty printing from Acrobat Reader v.5. To make a long story short, I did come across a guru in the Acrobat Reader forum. He told me to go to (in Acrobat) File>Print. Then in the upper right corner of this box check ‘Print As Image.’ That worked for me.
Ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections