Posted By
android
Apr 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone –

Ok, as ashamed as I am to admit it, I’ve just now begun to learn about slices… hee hee… I sort of knew what they were, but…

Anyway, in gearing up to try to learn my new software, I’m realizing, of course, that the old ways don’t hold up.

So.

I’ve created a practice homepage layout in Illustrator; imported it into Photoshop and created rollover graphics; created slices using guides and combined unnecessary ones in ImageReady… wooo! I LIKE this. LIKE. LOTS. Wow these guys make good stuff.

I’m at the point where I’m wondering how much of this is "correct" or "efficient" – Ultimately, it’s gonna go to GoLive. Heck, that’s changed a lot too since V4.

Is there some sort of general guide or tutorial anyone knows of that documents a workflow like this? I am currently jumping all over in the online manuals, and can’t help the feeling I’m missing something.

For example, it feels at some point I can name my important slices (buttons, logos, etc.) and address them in GoLive – or that GoLive can read rollovers created in ImageReady… or that I can assign urls in ImageReady… or that I can… etc.

Whew… any help appreciated!

[edit: I just tried "Jump to GoLive"… yeee ha! I’m drunk with passion. Lol. That sounds so stupid.]

best,
Andrew

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

T
Todie
Apr 13, 2004
not stupid at all
(… but make your rollovers in GoLive)
A
android
Apr 14, 2004
Hi Todie –

Well, upon creating rollover states in ImageReady and jumping to GoLive, everything seems to work perfectly – is there something I’m missing, or possibly is it that it’s more prone to bugs or broken links that way?

Thanks,
Andrew
T
Todie
Apr 14, 2004
Old habit from the time of GoLive v.3 (I think : )

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections