DJ
Posted By
douglas_j_reynolds
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This goes for Photoshop, too. In Windows an app. has a background or drawing board behind an open image. In Mac the image just sits on the finder. I am not accustomed to this…

When selecting along the edge of a shape with the lasso, when I get to the edge of the image in Win. I can scoot off the edge, move over and re-enter the image and keep lasso’ing. In Mac when I cross the border of the image it minimizes PSE2 and I am suddenly staring at an empty Finder.

Is there a special key or techniques to avoid this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 1, 2004
Maybe. 🙂 When you need to move your lasso tool, hold down the space bar. Does that cure it? I can’t quite figure out what you’re doing, but holding down the space bar will suspend the action of any of the lassos. You’ll get the hand, which will also let you adjust the positioning of the image, too, if you need to.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, the other thing you might try is enlarging the canvas you’re working on so when you move off of the shape you aren’t sliding all the way to the desktop.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections