Posted By
sligoNoSPAMjoe
Jan 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I clearly don’t use my Elements 5.0 often enough. I am
copying an image from one file into a layer of another image file. So far no problem.

Now I would like to change the relative size of the image I am pasting. By default the image I am pasting is too small so I would like to increase its final size in the layer of the target photo.

You would think that with the manual and two third party books it would be easy for me to find it, but not. I remember there being a reference I use to use, maybe from a prior version, that had a photo of sun glasses and images were pasted to appear to be reflections on the glass. I think that one gave resizing instructions.

Anyway How do I do it??

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

LL
Leo Lichtman
Jan 12, 2009
wrote: (clip) I would like to change the
relative size of the image I am
pasting. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I use Elements 4, but I am sure this will work for you as well. Two methods:

1.) Click Image. Click Size. Click Resize. Reduce the number of pixels in either the height or width in proportion to the reduction you desire.

2.) With the image on its own layer, make sure it is selected. (Use Select all if necessary.) Click the Move tool. If you want to change the size without changing the shape, hold the Shift key, and then drag any corner.

I prefer the second method, because you can watch the image size change. You can position the image by dragging the little circle in the middle, and play with the size all you want.
S
sligoNoSPAMjoe
Jan 12, 2009
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:35:03 -0800, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:

wrote: (clip) I would like to change the
relative size of the image I am
pasting. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I use Elements 4, but I am sure this will work for you as well. Two methods:

1.) Click Image. Click Size. Click Resize. Reduce the number of pixels in either the height or width in proportion to the reduction you desire.
2.) With the image on its own layer, make sure it is selected. (Use Select all if necessary.) Click the Move tool. If you want to change the size without changing the shape, hold the Shift key, and then drag any corner.
I prefer the second method, because you can watch the image size change. You can position the image by dragging the little circle in the middle, and play with the size all you want.

Thanks. I don’t know what I did different this time, but after reading your response it worked. I was thinking I was doing the exact same thing, but apparently I did something different after your instructions. I must have forgotten something.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections