DM
Posted By
Danny_Matviya
Oct 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve recently been working with a large, simple drawing in which I am trying to separate the different shapes into their own layers. I’ve been using the polygonal lasso tool, and my plan is to select the desired shapes and "right-click > layer via copy." However, twice already has the lasso selection closed by itself before I could complete the selection.

I am using Adobe Photoshop CS3 on a Dell Windows Vista platform.

Sincerely,
Danny

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Oct 11, 2008
Sounds like maybe your OS-level settings for the speed of an acceptable double-click are a little slower than they should be. Have a look at your mouse preferences and play around.
DM
Danny_Matviya
Dec 20, 2008
Hi, me again. Thanks for responding, Phos±four dots. I thought your answer was the correct one since I didn’t have the problem again after trying what you said.

But then the same thing happened again just recently. And this time, I know I wasn’t even pressing down on the mouse button at all. I was fortunately at a position where I had everything I wanted selected, so it didn’t pose a problem. It still boggled me, though.

Sincerely,
Danny
QP
Q_Photo
Dec 21, 2008
Better to do your selections a small area first and then keep adding more small sections at a time. That is faster in the long run. Works best for me.
Q
P
Phosphor
Dec 21, 2008
Try using the Pen instead of the Polygon Lasso.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections