Can you use PSE to convert a bitmap to a vector format?

SF
Posted By
Steven Folberg
Dec 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a professionally designed, black-and-white logo in tiff, jpg and gif formats. I need to get it into a vector format that Word (specifically, Word X for the Mac) will be able to read. I want to be able to resize the graphic as needed without it going all jaggy on me. The only vector format I see in PSE’s Save As options is "Photoshop EPS." The dialog box for this Save Of is full of options that I don’t understand. I tried saving as an EPS file. (I should add that I’m printing to an ink-jet printer from a Mac running Panther.) Anyway, the graphic printed, but with all of the jagged aliased artifacts that I didn’t want. And with other options, Word won’t read it at all.

Can somebody enlighten me a little? 😉 BTW, the graphic artist who designed the logos sent me some other EPS files, but Word won’t read those — it simply inserts them as a long text file with Postcript instructions in it.

Thanks!!!

Steve

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JW
JP White
Dec 28, 2003
Steven Folberg wrote:

Hi,

I have a professionally designed, black-and-white logo in tiff, jpg and gif formats. I need to get it into a vector format that Word (specifically, Word X for the Mac) will be able to read. I want to be able to resize the graphic as needed without it going all jaggy on me.

I think you’ll have to shop around for a utility. PSE can’t do this, it’s a raster based program. I’ve no idea how well PDF files scale, maybe save in PDF and see how this looks.

Can somebody enlighten me a little? 😉 BTW, the graphic artist who designed the logos sent me some other EPS files, but Word won’t read those — it simply inserts them as a long text file with Postcript instructions in it.

I presume he used a vector based program to create it. Maybe he could save in a vector format you are able to handle without having to buy the same program he used (which is probably expensive).

JP

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections