M
Posted By
MCR
Oct 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This ia also happening to me as well. I am using a wacom Intuos3 9×12 tablet with PhotoshopCS 2. I am using the latest drivers from www.wacom.com and photoshop is updated, but I am still getting this freeze problem. I hate this because its totally random. Sometimes I can paint for 20 minutes then it freezes, but normally its between 5-10 minutes. We really need a fix for this soon, because I’m tearing my hair out at an alarming rate.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

D
deebs
Oct 11, 2005
I tried a generic lo-cost workaround to avoid some of the glitches and couldn’t believe the results.

The Wacom is now gathering dust even though I have tried to be patient with it

Perhaps try it and see MCR? At (usually) 10 % of the price it;ll probably be less than the bisodol bill?
P
Pickman
Oct 11, 2005
I am very disappointed. Even with my new Intuos 3 i had the same freeze of phtoshop like i had with the Inutos 1.

Since the freeze appears only while painting, AND happened on two different computers with two different tablets and two different OS’ses, i can only think of one final reason: another program interfers with the tablet-driver.

I checked all the programs on both machines. I have no clue, WHAT might cause this.

Are there ANY programs known to cause trouble with the wacom driver?

-The freeze is NOT reproducable.
-The freeze ONLY affects Photoshop (i had this also in freehand two or three times) and ONLY while painting with the wacom.
-The strokes suddenly diasppear, next click brings up the hourglass, application is no longer responding.
-Windows, all other applications and the tablet are still fully operational. -Memory usage seems to have no effect. This happened with small images, as well with big ones, sometimes after hours sometimes after seconds.

I am really helpless with this one…

I tried everything that wacom or adobe adviced me to to. I really think it has to be a program or background task interferring, but how can i find out?

I realized, that motherbaord monitor was running in the taskbar on both machines.

Can this be the cause? Can someone confirm that hardware monitoring software can cause trouble? I will further investigate this. No clue at all.

It’s difficult to keep all secondary programs closed all the time, because i established a workflow that is now extremely slowed down, but until i find the bugger, i think i have to work like in the old win95 days: with just one application open.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections