KK
Posted By
Kathleen_Kato
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently installed Panther on my Powerbook G4 & have been using Photoshop & Illustrator CS without too much problem so far. But 2 strange things have started to occur with Photoshop:

1/ When attempting to change from RGB to INDEX color, no dialog box appears for specifying # of colors. Instead the image appears to convert to INDEX & then freezes. All options are greyed out & the only way out is to force quit the entire computer. Force quitting Photoshop doesn’t work.
2/ When using the color cursor in the open color box to select a color, the color suddenly changes from RGB to Grayscale – very annoying.

Should I reload Photoshop ? If so, how do I update permissions, etc ? I have run 1st aid to repair permissions – & everything was OK.
—- thanks in advance for your help ! ——

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 20, 2004
Did you try trashing Preference file?
KK
Kathleen_Kato
Apr 21, 2004
hi Ed,

Maybe I’m not looking in the right place, but I don’t find a Preference Folder for CS Photoshop — Not under Applications in the Photoshop Folder or in the Utility Folder ??? Excuse my ignorance, but I am still getting used to Panther.

kk
P
Phosphor
Apr 21, 2004
You might want to bookmark the following link, Kathleen: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6712.htm>
KK
Kathleen_Kato
Apr 21, 2004
Re-creating Preferences did the trick !
THANKS MUCH for your help — bookmarked the link.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections