SH
Posted By
sarah_holland
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Had Elements for over a month now and every time i try to do a selection with a feathered edge or move text my computer totaly locks up and i have to do a manual restart. i have tried several times to re-instal, changed the scratch disks, and even changed the video card. my computer far exceeds the requrements and has no trouble editing video or anything else. i have updated all the drivers and don’t know what else to do. HELP!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 25, 2004
Sarah,

What is your set up (OS etc) and does this omly happen when you do a selection with a feathered edge?

Have you tried deleting the prefs file?

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 26, 2004
Have you added a Wacom tablet? If so, check out for the lastest drivers.

Ray
TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 26, 2004
Have you got something running in the background? I have read that you should always start PS first so it gets first dibs on the resources. I can unfreeze my program when freezes happens by opening my task manager then hitting the task manager close button (not the end task button unless this doesn’t work since this closes the program). Seems to free something up somewhere. I must admit this is my fix in CS filter factory window but might work in PSE until you find a solution to your problem. My PSE just tends to close itself with a error message when it gets unstable.
SH
sarah_holland
Jul 29, 2004
I have XP Home. it happens with moving text as well. when it happens i am unable to get task manager up, mouse doesn’t move. nothing else is running. i’ll try the prefrences and i’ll figure out what a Wacom Tablet is, thanks.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 29, 2004
A tablet is a drawing tablet, another way of controlling your computer, like a mouse with a pen for drawing also. Wacom is a brand of tablet.

I’d imagine that if you had one, you’d know.

Mac

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections