WYSIWYG Font Menus support for extensis suitcase.

C
Posted By
candyflip
Jul 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Two things:

• Is there a way to get WYSIWYG font menus from within photoshop and also using extensis suitcase.

• Can a person remove the font limitation (amount of loaded fonts) within photoshop I’ve got quite a few fonts that I use as graphic elements that are well above the standard 25 that most designers say they keep to.

As a work around I’ve used illustrator to select and load a font, type text and then move that over to the photoshop doc that I’m working on to apply filter effects (like beveling).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Jul 13, 2004
well above the standard 25 that most designers say they keep to.

I have well over 4500 fonts but I only activate the ones I need to use.

Why don’t you look at your fonts in Suitcase If you are going to look at your fonts in another app. this way you don’t need to have them all active at the same time.

WYSIWYG sucks and slows everything down plus it makes it hard to read.
P
Phosphor
Jul 13, 2004
There’s a new-ish WYSIWYG Font thingy out that looks better than any I’ve seen before. Might be worth a look-see/trial run. Requires Panther (10.3.x) or later.

<http://www.yousoftware.com/products/fonts.php>

Still, I can only imagine it being well-behaved if you don’t try to cram your active fonts up into the range of hundreds.

I dunno…give it a try, if you think it’ll help you.
R
Ram
Jul 13, 2004
Very interesting. Look at the Management Team on that site. This could be the start of something GREAT.
P
Phosphor
Jul 13, 2004
Nice digging, Ramón. I hadn’t read anything in that section of the website.

Impressive, indeed.
B
Buko
Jul 14, 2004
OK but FAP does all that and manages the fonts too.
R
Ram
Jul 14, 2004
My hope is that this new company will soon produce software that beats FAP and gives us arbitrary font submenus.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 14, 2004
Extensis blood flows through the veins of You Software — and I have never had much affection for Suitcase.

FAP does all that I need and, personally, I have no need for WYSIWYG menus.

As for the other You Control modules: this smells like Haxie territory and I will let other intrepid adventurers explore that jungle first.

Meanwhile i just add important folders directly to my Dock: option-click on one and a list of its contents opens on the desktop.
R
Ram
Jul 14, 2004
I also have no use for WYSIWYG font menus, but I would like the arbitrary font submenus from ATR back:

<http://home.surewest.net/zaldidun/1_ATR_KeyCaps.jpg>
R
Ram
Jul 14, 2004
Here’s another haxie:

<http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/fontcard>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 14, 2004
You are braver than I am if you install Unsanity’s haxies on your computer. (Barge-pole length distance is too close for me!)
R
Ram
Jul 14, 2004
No, no; I’m not installing Font Card. At this stage it doesn’t even work with Cocoa applications, only Carbon ones. It may be of interest to someone insisting on WYSIWYG font menus, and it may serve to spur FAP or Extensis to add submenus (Font Card has them) to the application’s font menus.
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jul 14, 2004
<
R
Ram
Jul 14, 2004
Thanks, Todie. < 🙂
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jul 14, 2004
: )

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections