N
Posted By
newtrh
May 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using a 1.25 GHz G4 w/ 1 GB RAM & Photoshop CS.

Lately, I have been experiencing a frustrating problem… The font is "stuck" on Helvetica in the drop down menu. I am unable to access any other font (although I can change to bold, and change the font size) I have tried trashing preferences & reinstalling the software. Neither worked, so I assumed the font was corrupted in my harddrive. I used the software "Pacifist" to reinstall those fonts in my hard drive.
< http://www.charlessoft.com/Pacifist_Documentation/English/in dex.html>

Unfortunately, that didn’t work either. So, it seems like the only thing to do is reinstall my OS (which I really don’t want to do!)

I have also done a virus check on my computer, and it’s come up clean.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, how was it solved? Thank you!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
May 25, 2004
This is a very commonly asked question.

You’ve hit the font limit in Photoshop and need to get a font management utility to activate just a few fonts at a time.

Do a forum search on the key words Photoshop font limit.
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Sorry, I misinterpreted your question. I thought you were saying that you couldn’t see any fonts in the font menu beyond a certain font.

You probably have duplicates of the Helvetica font.

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences first, then re-launch Photoshop. Look for font duplicates.
N
newtrh
May 25, 2004
I did trash the preferences (although the com.adobe.photoshp.plist didn’t exist…) I also re installed the program (twice). No duplicate fonts either (and I actually re installed the fonts directly from my OS disk using the "pacifist" program mentioned above.)The problem persists.

Any clue as to what’s going on?

??
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
You should always Repair Permissions (with Apple’s Disk Utility) before and after installing any software that requires an installer (like Photoshop, etc.). Repairing Permissions now, after the fact, may not help; but it’s worth trying anyway.

Never heard of “Pacifist”, but that may very well be the problem. Consider a clean install of your OS. Back up everything first, so you can erase the drive and, for good measure, write it to zeros.
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
I now see that Pacifist is sort of like Tome Viewer was in OS 9.x.

The problem may very well be in that method of extracting and installing fonts, even assuming you would know exactly which ones to extract and where to put them.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections