KV
Posted By
Kenneth_V._Rousseau
Dec 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Probably an ancient issue, but I’m getting an installation error (under 10.2.8 on a Quicksilver G4):

Error creating file 1008:5,-5000

Per the website, I’ve run Repair Permissions, failed again, created a new user acct, failed again, and per this user forum, tried installing from the desktop. No dice.

Any other suggestions to try? 🙂

Thanks,

Ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobHill
Dec 15, 2003
Ken,

Hopefully a MAC guru will hop in here, but are you running anything perhaps that might be in conflict?

Bob
KW
Kyle_White
Dec 15, 2003
Good Afternoon Kenneth,

You mention trying a second "user" account, but is the account you were originally working from an "Admin" account? From what I could glean from the Apple website the 1008:5,-5000 type errors are problems with permissions. A standard "user" account won’t have permission to install PSE2, you’ve got to be in an Administrator account.

In Apple Knowlegebase document 93066, they go through the whole proceedure you may have to use, using Final Cut Pro. You should be able to substitute PSE2 without any trouble.

HTH and ho Ho HO!

Kyle
KV
Kenneth_V._Rousseau
Dec 16, 2003
Bob:

I checked, and I’m not running anything known to be a conflict–thanks for suggesting that.

Kyle:

Both accounts had admin privileges, but your suggestion to check out KB 93066 gave me the path to success. It turns out that I had to modify things in that article a little bit–PSE2 installs as a folder with sub-folders, and FCP installs as a single "app", but I substituted the top-level folder names for the FCP app name, and things worked fine. Took me back to when I actually worked for a living–i.e., using UNIX. 🙂

Thanks!

Ken
KW
Kyle_White
Dec 16, 2003
Goodo Ken!

We’ll have to keep that article number in our back pocket, in case somebody else has the same problem. The "Swiss Army Knife" file keeps getting bigger!

Have a a Merry and a Happy! 🙂

Kyle

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections