SB
Posted By
Scott_Buttrick
Jun 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to shooting RAW and there are a pile of RAW conversion programs. Which is the best one to use? I’m shooting with an Oly E-1 and Oly has a concersion program. Then there is PS Camera RAW 2.2 and C-1 and on and on and on. Since I’m using PS-CS would the Adobe software be best?

Any help would be great.

Scott B

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Jun 30, 2004
Scott,

The Adobe Camera Raw 2.2 plugin is free for Photoshop CS users.

Try it and compare it to your camera’s software. You’ll probably like it better.

Later you could try CaptureOne, but my feeling is you won’t have to.

Incidentally, one question mark is enough; we get the point. And please turn off your caps lock key. All caps are difficult to read and are considered rude because as is shouting at people. You may want to read this post in the Forum FAQs:

LenHewitt "How to Ask Effective Questions" 5/21/04 1:30am </cgi-bin/webx?13>
BS
Bruce_Senior
Jul 1, 2004
PS Camera Raw is OK. It’s not so great at batch processing if your files need occasional tweaks. For my Nikon raw NEFs, Nikon Capture 4 seems to make the best looking images. MacBibble is great for browsing folders full of images and tweaking as needed. Trouble with MacBibble is that crashes a lot for me and may have a bug for those with 2 monitors (me). It’s almost unusable. I don’t know about Capture One but isn’t it really expensive? I’d pay it if it worked better than all of the above but I’ve been burned by NEF programs every step of the way. I even bought the PS7 plug-in a week before CS came out. Good luck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections