KO
Posted By
Kathy_O_Fitzgerald
Jul 31, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a need to convert tif and jpg images to pcx format on a MAC which will then be opened up in Word in Windows on a PC. The problem I am having is that even though I create a 100% pcx of the jpg or tif, when it is opened up as a pcx in Word, it opens up HUGE. For instance, my original jpg to pcx in MAC might be 1" wide by .125" deep. When it is opened up in Word on the PC, it comes out as 10.5" wide by 5" deep. The size doesn’t change if we stay in either a jpg or tif format. It only does this when we convert to pcx.

We convert to pcx format because the files are then put into a program called Docuwrite and that program requires pcx files.

Is there a setting/preference I can change that will eliminate this size discrepancy?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 31, 2006
The pixel size should be the same.

But PCX doesn’t store resolution information.

(and what software would require an image format that obsolete?)
BB
by_Buko
Aug 1, 2006
(and what software would require an image format that obsolete?)

from original post.
We convert to pcx format because the files are then put into a program called Docuwrite
CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 1, 2006
I know the name from the post – but if it’s current software, why is it only dealing with an obsolete image file format?

It would have to be something from the days of the PC/AT to only work with PCX.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 1, 2006
Well maybe it is really old software it wouldn’t be the first time.
R
Ram
Aug 1, 2006
Googling Docuwrite brings up a document-holder type of plastic device. Maybe "DocWrite"?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections