BC
Posted By
Bob Crack
Jul 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey, I’m new at using Imageready and I’m trying to make animations. At my friends house when he creates a new frame it automatically creates a new layer for that frame but on mine it doesnt automatically create a new layer when i create a new frame. Does anyone know how i can change this? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Cheesefood
Jul 29, 2003
Yar, matey and ahoy!

Me thinks me sees a parrot on yer shoulder.

Why would you want to create a new layer each time you create a new frame?
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 29, 2003
Bob,

There’s an excellent tutorial for learning how to create animated GIF’s using IR at Trevor Morris’ site. You should bookmark his site, it’s a treasure trove of info.

<http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirect.html?photoshop.shtml>

Peace,
Tony
BC
Bob Crack
Jul 29, 2003
The reason i want to create a new layer each time i create a new frame is so that i can make changes in other frames without them reflecting back to frame 1… ex) lets just say i want to create an animation of my name, the first frame i would put B, then i would create a new frame and i need a new layer so i can add the O without the O showing up next to the B in frame one, then i create another frame for the next B, and i need that on a seperate layer so that the second B doesnt show up next to the first B, and the O, on the first and second frames… hope that wasnt too confusing! if anyone knows how to set it so that creating a new frame creates a new layer as well, i would really appreciate the help. Thanks!
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 29, 2003
Check the tutorial.

I always create my layers in Photoshop, then Jump To Image Ready, and each layer becomes a frame.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections