Posted By
Michael_J_Brown_100
Dec 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MJ
Michael_J_Brown_100
Dec 8, 2003
I am using the software which came with the Canon camera and the images download into their Zoombrowser file. I open these images with PS elements and the images are viewed and printed as PS files. I often move the images to another individual file and later find that the images have apparently changed to JPEG files which would have many less informatin sice I understand they are compressed. Why and how did the images change from the original PS files to JPEG without my knowledge.

Thanks
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 8, 2003
What platform and operating system are you using? I, too, use a Canon, and I haven’t had the problem you’re describing. The images do download from the Camera as JPEGs, unless you’re using the RAW format. Are you sure you haven’t merely created a PSD copy and are then later looking at the original image files, with the PSDs in another location?

My workflow, for the sake of comparison, is to download to a new folder on my hard drive, using a card reader, not the direct download method. I then convert all of these JPEGs to either TIFF or PSD, and I save those in a separate folder. The original images from the camera stay untouched, and any work/printing is done on the images that have been converted to the lossless format.

Unless you’ve actually done a conversion using Save As or through the Batch process, just opening these files in Elements doesn’t automatically change their format from JPEG.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections