PB
Posted By
Pierre Bellavance
Jul 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to know where I can find more information (advantages / disadvantages) about the various file systems supported by Elements.

Can I use the JPG2000 file system in Elements?

Thanks

Pierre

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
BobHill
Jul 5, 2003
Pierre,

JPG2000 (JPX/JP2) IS supported by Elements, but as yet not by much else, so I’d use extreme care when saving to that format.

Bob
PB
Pierre Bellavance
Jul 5, 2003
Bob,

I’ve just tried saving a .TIF image under JPG2000, and Elements doesn’t offer this save option. Where is it?

Thanks

Pierre
P
Phosphor
Jul 5, 2003
Bob, I think it was one of the things you get from "download new recipes", but I know what Pierre is asking. I have it, but it doesn’t show up as a save option anywhere. It seems that I can open jpg2000 files, but not create them. Should it be that way?
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 5, 2003
Barbara, my PE2 shows JPG2000 available under Save As when I’m working with an RGB image. However, it won’t show up for Indexed Color. Could that be a factor?

Chuck
B
BobHill
Jul 5, 2003
Barbara,

If you can Open a JPG 2000, you should be able to make them (File, Save As).

And Chuck, JPG and JPG2000 is an RGB 24bit color mode only format. No indexed color .. that’s a GIF option only.

Bob
P
Phosphor
Jul 5, 2003
No, it’s not that. Maybe time to delete prefs again. I’ll let you know if that does it.
B
BobHill
Jul 5, 2003
I believe it’s the same filter, Barbara. Let us know what you find.

Bob
P
Phosphor
Jul 5, 2003
I mean I don’t see it as an option in the list, Bob. Deleting prefs didn’t bring it back, either.
PB
Pierre Bellavance
Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone know where I can download this feature?

Pierre
B
BobHill
Jul 6, 2003
That makes sense, Chuck. True enough, you have to be in 24bit RGB mode to have the option to begin with.

Bob
DP
Derek Powles
Jul 6, 2003
Hi Pierre
I checked my PSE2 and couldnt find the JPG2000 file open/save as. I have just downloaded the plugin from the Adobe site and copied the plugin to the plugin folder and hey presto, I can now access and save these type of files.
Derek
P
Phosphor
Jul 6, 2003
Hi, Derek. I think Pierre wants to know where you found it–I can’t remember.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections