A
Posted By
angelratgirl
Dec 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when i open a picture in PE2 the images are very dark, but when i go to save them or print, the images are exactly what they should be. if i try to correct the contrast or brightness, the images become to bright or white when i go to save them.

have windows XP Pro on a dell dimension 8200. it isn’t the monitor because anything i save or print when dark turns out fine. the files are all up to date as well.

please help. this is bugging the you-know-what-out of me as i cannot edit color properly.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 8, 2003
Angel…

If you haven’t already done so, you should set Elements up to work with your monitor by running the Adobe Gamma utility. You should be able to find it in you Control Panel.

If the images in question are from a digital camera, you may also need to download and use the "IgnoreEXIF" utility from the Adobe Support area of this web site.

Those two things are responsible for almost all complaints like you describe!!

HTH,

Byron
A
angelratgirl
Dec 9, 2003
ran the ignore program… no change. not even a little bit. have it set up with adobe gamma … same result.

one thing that i find truely strange is that when i hit "save for web" and it shows me the preveiw image… the image is what it should be. it is not too dark at all. only on the editing floor is it dark.

* ** don’t mind me, i am just pulling my hair out now ***
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 9, 2003
Angel,

Try this…

Create a new document with size; 700 pixels width, 100 pixels in height. Select the Gradient from the Tool Box. Choose the black to white linear one. Drag the mouse horizontally within the document, from end to end to lay down the gradient. In the Layers Palette, behind the black/white circle, choose Posterize. Set it to 20 levels. How many distinct bands of tone do you see? Can you diferentiate between all 20 steps or is half of it all black?
AM
Al_Millstein
Dec 9, 2003
Angel (I love the name)

I just went through this problem with my new Dell, including the fact that calibrating with Adobe Gamma was hopeless.

Two days ago, I plugged into Dell support via e-mail. they immediately understood the problem and directed me how to reinstall a couple of the drivers from the CD’s that came with the computer. It looks like this solved my problem, but I will work with it for a few days.

Dell has an excellent reputation for support, and I’m thinking that my experience may bear this out. It’s easy to get there. Click on the Dell Solution Center button which is probably on your desktop. If not, go to Dell.com and keep clicking Support.

Al
PL
Paul_L_UK
Dec 10, 2003
Have you tried the ignore exif utility – here < http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1963>

Paul
A
angelratgirl
Dec 10, 2003
okay, apparently i cannot edit my first message so i will just repeat myself everytime someone suggests this and doesn’t read what i wrote before…

I HAVE TRIED THE IGNORE EXIF UTILITY AND IT DID NOT WORK.

i know that you are trying to help. i am not upset. i will just keep repeating it as many times as i need to. i am, however, about to try what al millstein has suggested because it sounds like al knows what i am going through with my dell.

come to think of it, it is happening on both of my dells, which are networked together on a private home network. hmmmmmm…. i am going to talk to dell now.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections