LU
Posted By
luciana_Unsworth
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone help me out…When I open PS on my notebook it hangs for about 2minutes at scanning for presets. Then it continues to open. Has anyone experienced this?

thanks Lucy Unsworth

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BG
barry_gray
Jun 6, 2004
Have you loaded a large # of presets, brushes, styles, shapes, swatches, etc.? If you’ve "appended" every PS preset possible plus others you’ll slow things down real quick. Try resetting preferences. Be sure to save the "custom" sets you may have to HD before hand.
LU
luciana_Unsworth
Jun 6, 2004
Hi, I just happen to be sitting at the computer…I am new to mac. I am making the transition from PC. No, I have not loaded any presets. Could it have something to do with the scratch disk and if so, how do I set the scratch disk in the notebook.

Again Thanks
R
Ram
Jun 6, 2004
If you only have one drive in the Powerbook, you need do nothing about the scratch disk at all. It will be done by default.

There is a performance gain only if you can set the scratch disk to a completely separate drive.
BG
barry_gray
Jun 6, 2004
Scratch-not likely
reset/delete preferences anyway
If that doesn’t work list your setup- NB model,OS, which PS, ram, etc. Someone might then be able to help.
LU
luciana_Unsworth
Jun 8, 2004
Thanks for the advise.
Lucy
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 8, 2004
How many files did you put in the presets folder?

Did you put a shortcut in the presets folder to somewhere else?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections