M
Posted By
mtnmem
Nov 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just loaded Photoshop Elements 2.0 on my new Dell XPS – with Windows XP…When I attempt to open PE, I keep getting the messages "This application has failed to start because DECO_32dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." This message appears twice, then this message appears: "This application has failed to start because Comp_32dll was not found…" After clicking on all three messages, PE loads up… How can I correct this? I’ve already uninstalled and re-installed PE, but the same messages appear…Any one with a suggestion?
Thanks
jimc

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ray
Nov 27, 2003
Jimc,

A quick search on Google revealed that deco_32.dll is linked to a fractal application (Image Eye). I couldn’t find anything on Comp_32.dll (meaningfull that is). I suspect you must have another graphics software, and that somehow, it’s conflicting with PSE in way. Try to uninstall and reinstall Image Eye if you have it.

Ray
M
mtnmem
Nov 27, 2003
Ray,

Thanks for the information…I finally figured out that those dll’s must be somewhere, so it hit me to go the computer that was replaced with this new one, search for the dll’s on it! That’s where they were — I just copied them on a zip and loaded them into the system files on the new computer…Now PE opens as it had (although it’s funny that yesterday, the program opened without any problems).

Anyway, I hope it’s fixed now.

Thanks and take care
jimc

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections