JS
Posted By
John_Schinner
Sep 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When starting Photoshop CS2, I get the message "This application has failed to start because DECO_32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." When I click the OK box PS CS2 starts normally.

What is this DECO_32.dll for?
Is it feature that I haven’t tried to use?
Do I need it?
How can I safely reinstall PS CS2 without losing plugins and actions that I have added?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Sep 9, 2007
Hi John,

If you have moved the Genuine Fractals plug-in onto your system from another area without actually installing it, then that plug-in is expecting DECO_32.DLL to be in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory. So, either reinstall the plugin with the installer, or remove the plug-in from you plug-ins path. Also, you can simply see if downloading and copying the DLL file to the installation path will resolve your problem. Here is one download soure: <http://www.dllbank.com/d/deco_32.dll-download.html>

Regards,

Daryl
JS
John_Schinner
Sep 10, 2007
Daryl,

Thanks for your reply. I no longer use Genuine Fractals (it was a trial version only) so I deleted it. PS CS2 now opens properly.

Again many thanks.

John

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections