SM
Posted By
Susan_M._Scott
Sep 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using a Dell M90 laptop running Windows XP professional. Big…Best…fast…etc. The ‘problem’ is that for the past 2 weeks when I tun on my computer I get a box with "docmgr.exe Unable to locate Component" at the top. Inside the message area it says" The application has failed because vxvault.dll was not found. Re-installing th application may fix this problem."
I re-installed Photoshop but I still get the message and Photoshop seems to be functioning properly. I’m not even really sure that this is a Photoshop problem. Cam anyone help? Does this sound familiar?
Susn M. Scott

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 21, 2006
It’s not a photoshop problem. Docmgr is related to file encryption software by Wave Systems. Many new dell laptops come with this software enabled, and an optional Trusted Computing Platform security chip. The chips provide on the fly hardware encryption. In combination with software (like from Wave Systems) it allows users to encrypt their passwords and sensitive information and decrypt it on the fly with a RF key, fingerprint reader, etc. Without the chip, the software is generally used as a central location to encrypt passwords and the like.

IOW, call Dell.
SM
Susan_M._Scott
Sep 29, 2006
Thanks very much. I searched the registry and found that it is in fact the source. Unfortunately unloading the problem didn’t make the error message go away. dell is working on it but has yet to solve the problem.
Susan
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 29, 2006
I searched the registry and found that it is in fact the source.

Not sure what that means, but it’s not a photoshop issue. Even if your DocMgr software tags Photoshop files for potential encryption, it has nothing to do with photoshop.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections