SB
Posted By
Sacha_Bellinger
May 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My job calls for me to scan(at 200%, 800dpi, in gray) images w/TEXT into PS 4. They are then cropped and changed into BITMAP mode, than placed into ILLUSTRATOR 6.
Once the text is changed into BITMAP, I retouch(clean up) it by using the Pencil tool and the Eraser tool, but this process takes way too long. And it doesn’t always look right.
What are the fastest ways to retouch scanned text? Are there any tips out there?

Thank you,
Sacha

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 31, 2004
yes, look at <http://www.gurusnetwork.com/kpt/tip/4/> it is a good but perfect tip on the subject
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 31, 2004
Why don’t you just turn the scanned text back into real text and start from there?

It’s very quick and easy to do:

Ann Shelbourne "OCR which actually works" 5/26/04 7:59am </cgi-bin/webx?13>
SB
Sacha_Bellinger
May 31, 2004
Thank you very much, Pierre Courtejoie. The Guru Network gave me just what I needed. And now it will be one of my favorites sites.

Thank you,
Sacha B.
SB
Sacha_Bellinger
May 31, 2004
Thank you, Ann Shelbourbe. This info is also good, but we don’t have Adobe Acrobat. So we can’t do this.

Thank you,
Sacha B.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections