Can’t download pdf color image from web site?

RS
Posted By
Raymond_Sanborn
Nov 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When downloading a colored pdf image from a web site it is always downloaded into an Acrobat black and white image? How can I have the image downloaded into a colored PE 2 image instead of Acrobat? The web site has a click on link for the image that says for color download(pdf format).
I am using Acrobat 5.0, Internet Explorer 6 SP1 and PE 2 on a Windows 98 SE system. Thanks, in advance, for any help offered.
Ray Sanborn

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RC
Richard_Coencas
Nov 25, 2003
Ray,

What I would do is right click on the image on the web page and choose save image as…

You can then launch Elements and open the image from the File >Open menu in Elements. You can then do a save as to convert it to a PSD or any other format you choose.

I’d also recommend downloading the new Adobe Reader (6.0).

Rich
RS
Raymond_Sanborn
Nov 25, 2003
Rich:
I have been struggling with this task to no avail. I have downloaded Acrobat Reader 6.0, per your recommendation, thinking it might help but no go.
When I try right clicking on the image I get Internet Explorer message "Sorry this image cannot be copied." I can highlight and copy the image but cannot paste into PE 2. I can paste into Word but then cannot tranfer into PE 2?
If you have the time please go to the following link:
<http://www.cityoftemecula.org/temecula/info/>
I’m trying to get the Official City Seal image on this page into PE 2 in color. I thought perhaps it would open into Acrobat Reader 6.0 (which I just downloaded)in color but it still opens into my Acrobat 5.0 program in B&W.Any addtional help you can provide would be appreciated.
Ray Sanborn
P.S. As usual, I always learn something from your communications. I never realized that Acrobat Reader was a separate program from other Adobe programs and had always assumed it was contained in my Acrobat 5.0 program and updated with it. Thanks for continuing my Adobe education.
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 25, 2003
If it’s any consolation, I can’t get it in color in Acrobat Reader on my Mac either. However, I was able to take a screen shot of it and open it in Elements. You couldn’t do much with it, though, because it’s about 2 x 2 inches at 72ppi.
RS
Raymond_Sanborn
Nov 25, 2003
Beth:
Thanks for your effort.
I wanted to use this seal as a T-Shirt logo so the size is not of too much concern. However, it appears somewhat difficult to get the image into a bmp, jpg, gif, emf or wmf format which I need.
So, looks like I will opt for an Indian tribal symbol which will be O.K. since Temecula is the only CA town retaining its original Indian name.
Ray Sanborn
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 25, 2003
Or you can post your e-mail address and I’ll send you this one, which I just converted to a JPEG at Max. It’s still really small (96k) and has to have a tiny sliver of text erased, but if it will do for what you want it’s no trouble to send it.
KW
Kyle_White
Nov 25, 2003
Ah…. folks?

The link says: "Download the City Seal TO COLOR here!" (emphasis is mine). Meaning, print same, drag out the Mark 1 Crayolas and go for it! It is, intentionally, a B&W image. So… get the kids to colour a copy or two and get it scanned. 😉 Then tweak in PSE2 as required.

The best colour version I was able to find on the website was the smallish seal.gif image on that page. Too bad, because, as city seals go, that’s a pretty nice one.

HTH
Kyle
BG
Byron_Gale
Nov 25, 2003
Ouch… my sides… hurt… from laughing!!!!

This one belongs in Reader’s Digest. (I get 15% for making the suggestion)

Byron
MB
margaret_brock
Nov 26, 2003
Just a couple of thoughts….

I was able to copy the colored seal to the clipboard and then paste it into Elements with no problem on my Mac – as someone else mentioned, it is pretty small and poor quality for printing.

However, the city seal will be a copyrighted image and the city probably has some pretty definite rules about how and where it is used – AND – if it’s used, they would want a good copy of it used. In other words, they would gladly give you a good copy rather than have you besmirch their good name by using a poor quality example.

Call the city hall, ask for the public relations officer and see if they don’t have an image file for purposes such as you want – printing on a t-shirt.

Margaret

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections