TL
Posted By
The_Living_Legend
Oct 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve scanned some cartoon line pictures of people. I want to fill in different areas with colour – the trousers might be green and the sweatshirt might be red. I’ve converted the bitmaps to greyscale, selected areas and changed to RGB. I’ve then chosen foreground and background colours and filled using backspace but all the detail of the pockets on the trousers is filled as well.

Any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin_Walls
Oct 5, 2003
Select areas and fill using the paint bucket tool.
I would place each new area on a new layer [initially], as this would facilitate easier touching up, if required.
TL
The_Living_Legend
Oct 5, 2003
TL
The_Living_Legend
Oct 5, 2003
Many thanks, Colin.
RH
Ronald_Hirsch
Oct 5, 2003
You might find it easier to select the color to be changed as follows.

1. Make a coarse selection using the lasso tool. Tihs will keep other areas from being affected.

2. Make this a new layer (CTRL+J) on the PC

3. Now use the magic wand or another color selection tool to select all the color you want changed.

4. Use appropriate sliders to change the color, or use the paint bucket if there are no textures or whatever, that you are concerned about.

Ron Hirsch
TL
The_Living_Legend
Oct 5, 2003
Many thanks, Colin.
BG
barry_gray
Oct 5, 2003
A real simple method depending on your original is to just set the paint bucket to "contiguous" and it will fill only the color of the pixel/s you click on.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections