KB
Posted By
Kevin_Buckner
Jun 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PS CS on my Acer Travemate 8103 notebook and I am experiencing a major input problem.

Basically, nearly all keyboard input is being ignored by the software. I can input a new text string with no problem; I cannot edit a previously entered text string. Also, keyboard short cuts do not work.

Any ideas or solutions welcome…

Kevin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 5, 2005
does this faq topic help?

LenHewitt, "CTRL Key does not work in Photoshop CS" #, 8 Nov 2003 11:51 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
KB
Kevin_Buckner
Jun 5, 2005
Thanks Len – this seems to be a much more basic problem in as much as it’s more than the CNTRL key that doesn’t work.

Imagine double clicking a text layer to highlight the entire text string. You would then expect the arrow keys to navigate around the text string; they don’t.

This actually might be a red herring; I’ve also noticed that I have to click in the image with the mouse to get all changes to update on screen. Even adding a Drop Shadow is not displayed on screen until I move the input dialog. It’s as if my screen is setup to prevent automatic updating.

By the way, all software, PS and Windows XP etc. is legit.
RD
randol_dov
Jun 7, 2005
installed the try out and got the same problem. Later I found out in XP Regional and Language Options –> advanced –> Language for non-Unicode programs has to be English.
B
bubbalouis
Jun 26, 2005
I have seen that problem oftem on a cracked version of the software.

Same computer with legal copy has no problems.

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 02:15:41 -0700,
wrote:

I am using PS CS on my Acer Travemate 8103 notebook and I am experiencing a major input problem.
Basically, nearly all keyboard input is being ignored by the software. I can input a new text string with no problem; I cannot edit a previously entered text string. Also, keyboard short cuts do not work.

Any ideas or solutions welcome…

Kevin

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections