Posted By
coryp
Apr 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Adobe Photoshop CS and ImageReady CS

I dl’d the trial of Photoshop and ImageReady 30 days ago, and my trial has expired. I need to input my serial # but whenever I try to open Photoshop it just says "Order" and "Quit. Where do I go to input my key?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 9, 2004
where did you get the serial key?
I
ID._Awe
Apr 9, 2004
Oh Dave, we all know where he got the serial key from.

He can’t even follow pirated instructions properly.

Sheesh, infinity!
RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 9, 2004
You can’t put a serial number into the trial version. You need to PURCHASE the full version.

Bob
C
coryp
Apr 9, 2004
Actually, I did buy a copy myself, but split the cost with a friend of mine, so we could share it. He installed it on his computer, then gave me the key. I didn’t think I needed the software (I’m not really sure where it is at this point) because I already had it installed, or at least I thought.

Thank you for your help (and criticism),

Cory P.
RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 9, 2004
That’s ILLEGAL. Get your own copy.

Bob
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 9, 2004
Cory,

What you and your friend are attempting is in violation of the user license agreement (EULA) which permits a single user to install PS on up to two computers, typically a desktop and laptop PC. The license is not a multi-user license, and therefore what you want to do would be regarded as illegal. If either of you were to pursue installation of PSCS on a 2nd computer of your own, then that would be 3 systems total, and one of those would find you with activation being denied and thus PSCS would be inoperative. If you both only have 1 computer and were to each install and activate PSCS, that would work but again would be illegal and in violation of the EULA.

What you should do is return the installation CD to your friend and have him pay back your half of the cost. That way, he is the legal owner who can subsequently install PSCS on a 2nd PC of his own, should the need arise. Then, you can buy your own upgrade copy to use in similar fashion. Of course, to install an upgrade you will also have to own a prior version and if you don’t have the CD for it to use as the authentication media, then you’re out of luck unless you registered your purchase with Adobe who could help in that event.

Regards,

Daryl
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 9, 2004
Interesting. Sometime after he posted the original message, where he states he downloaded the software, he now bought a copy with a friend.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 9, 2004
Don, there’s always so much that can be read into what one does or doesn’t say…and often correctly so. Maybe what he meant was that he or his friend purchased the downloable version of the PSCS retail product on which they shared the cost. As you and I know, even if that is true, any intent to share the software remains illegal.
C
coryp
Apr 9, 2004
Ok, I think I understand that it is illegal now, so I won’t be attempting it.

Don – If you look closely enough you’ll see that I said I dl’d the TRIAL version, not the full software.

Thank you all for your help.

Cory P.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections