MF
Posted By
Mark_Forry
Nov 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tend to make my pictures 8×10 on a 8.5×11 sheet. I use Epson Heavyweight Matte paper. I use the Print Preview function in Elements and instruct it to center the picture. It does fine in the width direction of the paper, but is off on the length direction. I would like to have even borders all the way around. Can anyone suggest what I need to do to correct this problem?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 16, 2003
You don’t say what kind of printer you have. Most Epsons center properly, but a few don’t. HPs are notoriously bad; you have to run experiments until you find out what manual adustment needs to be made. This centering thing isn’t totally controlled by Elements, it requires cooperation from the printer software. First, check and make sure you’ve got the most current drivers. Then, you might want to repost with more information about your printer. Someone with the same or similar model might be able to tell you the "trick" for it.
RB
Ralph_Brannon
Nov 16, 2003
Beth hit it direct, the printer has alot to do with it. If you can find the maximum print area diagram in your printer manual, you will probably see that it prints closer to the bottom, then to the top.
The reason is so the printer can "grab" the edge of the paper to feed it thru.

Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>
BT
Ben_T
Nov 16, 2003
Mark
If you are using an Epson printer, Click on the "Paper" tab, at the bottom "Printable Area", check "Centered"
hth
Ben
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Nov 16, 2003
Ricardo offered a solution to this conundrum last week. Here is the link: Jim Crosiar "Print size" 11/11/03 3:25pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/7> Ken
EM
Eric_Matthes
Nov 17, 2003
Adding to Ben’s comment, I use "maximum print area" and "centered" on the printer preferences, not on the Elements preferences.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections