MM
Posted By
Merrill_Mack
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When using the impressionist brush, in the options menu, more options, all the way to the right, it doesn’t seem to let me change any of the options. Keeps defaulting back to Tight Short, 5 px, 0 tolerance.
Another person I know is having the same difficulty. Any suggestions?

Thanks Merrill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Nov 10, 2003
Merrill,

Have you tried deleting prefs?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 10, 2003
Rich, I think many of us find that that happens. It does for me, anyway, and I believe Chuck has mentioned the same thing happens to him.

I find I only have access to the other settings if I am working on a blend-mode layer.
RC
Richard_Coencas
Nov 10, 2003
Thanks Barbara. I’ve never seen it happen here, but I had read a posting a while back, but couldn’t remember the outcome. I’ll try to look into seeing if we can repro the problem, that makes it easier to fix. If there are any details you think might be helpful, drop me a line.

Rich
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 10, 2003
Actually, now that I think of it, I haven’t tried it on a regular layer since I installed panther, but I did use it on a layer in difference mode, which is why I said it worked on blenc-mode layers. I’ll have to try it again on a regular layer and see if it’s working better since panther, but prior to that, it only worked at all if I made a selection first, and then only for tight short. Prefs had no effect and that was the same from 10.1.5 to 10.26.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 10, 2003
Gee, just tried and it works fine in panther, for the first time since I’ve had PE 2.
R
Ray
Nov 10, 2003
Chuck : you now know what you need to do… ? Change for a Mac 😉
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 10, 2003
LOL, Ray. But maybe his is working now too, since he upgraded to XP since that thread.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 11, 2003
Have you guys been laughing at me in my absence?? 🙂

I never did get the Impressionist Brush to work on my desktop; thought for sure it was a bug. However, as a takeoff on Rich’s suggestion to uninstall and reinstall PE, I tried it on my laptop – works fine. I’ve concluded – tentatively – that some add-on (brushes or otherwise) have disabled the I-brush on my desktop. As I’m not much of an Impressionist (althought that’s my favorite school of art), I have abandoned it rather than trying to uninstall/reinstall everything…

Chuck
MM
Merrill_Mack
Nov 11, 2003
I tried the blending mode and that didn’t help. Any other suggestions

Merrill
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 11, 2003
BREAKTHROUGH on Impressionist Brush!

I never could get it to work – it did the same thing that Merrill’s does. But now it works!! First time I’ve tried it since upgrading to Windows XP – apparently Win 98SE was the culprit. (Aforementioned laptop is on Windows ME..)

Now if I can only figure out what to do with the brush…

🙂

Chuck

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections