RF
Posted By
Ruth_Fauman-Fichman
Nov 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After scanning an image, I am unable to exit Photoshop Elements I. Anybody know why? (I also cannot acquire another image….) I’ve checked and I have enough RAM available…..

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
Nov 10, 2003
Ruth,

It sounds like you could be running out of system resources. Try closing all other applications before using PSE.
How much RAM do you have? Do you have plenty of free hard drive space also? Does PSE ‘hang up’ (become unresponsive) and you have to use ‘End Task’ (for Windows) to close PSE?

If you don’t have a resource shortage… you open PSE, and File>Import>Twain to open your scanning software (at least with my Version 1 and an Epson scanner), scan your document, close the scanning software, either edit/save image or just save it to a folder and reopen your scan software from within PSE if you have another item to scan.

Come back with your results.
LM
Lou_M
Nov 10, 2003
Ruth,

Some scanning programs grab control of Elements and don’t let go until you exit out of them. With my Canon scanner, I have to exit out of the scan program before I can use Elements again.
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 10, 2003
hmmm…I thought I just said that
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 10, 2003
Hi, Nancy. Actually it’s not quite the same.

I can have a ton of system resources available on my mac–I could go launch itunes or burn a cd, say, with the scanner window open, but I can’t do anything in PE until I close it. I think that’s what Lou meant. Of course, we wouldn’t get that error message, though.
SK
Shan_Ko
Nov 12, 2003
I am glad to know both Barbara and Lou experienced the same thing. I thought my Epson scanner fouled up my puter when I have to close the scan program before I can get to work on the image with PSE. Phew! what a relief. 🙂

Shan
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 12, 2003
Yes, I agree, that’s why I mentioned it in the second paragraph of my previous post ("close the scanning software"). Until it is closed, I am disallowed any PSE function on my computer also.

Nancy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections