KK
Posted By
kris_Killman
Jan 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed windows XP and now I get this "Error could not load alert resource!" I can work in photoshop but it won’t print anything and locks up my computer. How do I fix this problem?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
Did you have any anti-virus software installed and running when you installed Elements?
KK
kris_Killman
Jan 9, 2004
Yes I did.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 9, 2004
Kris

Uninstall Elements, disable the virus program and re install elements and then enable your virus program. I suspect all will run well after that.

g.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
And when you uninstall Elements, make sure you do a Find for straggling files/folders that might have been left behind by the Uninstall routine. There’s a preference folder left that needs to come out, in particular.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 9, 2004
Thank for the reminder Beth

The preferences in Windows is located as below with the only change is that "LOGONNAME" will be individual to you.

C:\Documents and Settings\ LOGONNAME \Application
Data\Adobe\Photoshop\Elements\Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs

You also might want to delete any folders created in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2" including "Photoshop Elements 2"

g.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
I always have to tiptoe around mentioning the specific files that might be left behind in Windows! 🙂
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 9, 2004
Beth

My wife finds that tiptoe is not what works with me so she galumphs around the house.

Grant
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
Well, but since I’ve never uninstalled Elements from a Windows box, I’ve never seen what all gets left behind!
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 9, 2004
Nothing should have been left behind if Adobe was on the ball. Woops now I am in trouble with the Adobe cops.

g.
TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 9, 2004
galumphs? I can almost see that.
KK
kris_Killman
Jan 9, 2004
I’m a little slow about this. Can you explain how to uninstall the elements as if I were a kid? And then reinstall them.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 9, 2004
Kris

In window click on "Start" then "Settings" next "Control Panel" Finally
"Add?Remove Programs" Then double click on Adobe Elements from the list of programs that appear. Then just follow the instructions. If they give you options of "Automatic" go for it.

g.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections