BH
Posted By
Beth_Haney
Nov 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Barbara posted a link to an HP scanner that has 2400 X 2400 resolution. Someone else suggested a different model, which they said had a higher resolution at 2400 X 4800. I asked someone to explain what those resolution numbers meant, because I’ve been under the impression that 2400 represented the highest optical resolution available. i still haven’t gotten an answer to that question, and I’m really curious! Thank you. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JD
Juergen_D
Nov 8, 2003
Beth,

Look here: http://www.scantips.com/chap3c.html, starting at the 4th paragraph.

Juergen
MM
Mac_McDougald
Nov 8, 2003
I echo the scantips.com link.

The short answer is that the lower number is the actual optical resolution of the device and is the most important spec.

The higher number is the number of discrete increments the stepper motor can accomplish.

Mac
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 8, 2003
Thank you, guys. I’ve been on the scantips site quite a few times and really thought that’s what it meant. So… 2400 X 4800 isn’t really a higher resolution than 2400 X 2400 unless you want your scanner doing the resampling. That’s what I thought, but the one post from yesterday got me thinking I was the one with their thinking backwards. Dang! I’m going to have to stop thinking about this stuff. That’s my problem. 🙂
LM
Lou_M
Nov 9, 2003
Discussions about resolution, like discussions of death, politics, and taxes, should be avoided at all costs. 😉
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 9, 2003
Is has become kind of a sore subject, hasn’t it? 🙂 I got the answer to my question without a lot of controversy though, so I’m satisfied.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections